Τίτλος Θέσης Εργασίας:
Academy Goalkeeper Coach
The Academy is searching for two separate positions within its Goalkeeping Coaching department:
- Head of Academy Goalkeeping, primarily based in London Colney
- Academy Goalkeeping Coach (Youth Development Phase), based at Hale End Sports Ground
The Head of Academy Goalkeeping will set the overall direction for Academy goalkeeping throughout U9s to U23s and line manage the Goalkeeping Coaches, providing leadership, mentorship and day-to-day direction. They will cover the full goalkeeping coaching remit: lead on an effective coaching programme for goalkeepers across all age groups, deliver and develop performance pathways and plans, and create an optimum environment for youth goalkeepers to develop and grow within the four key pillars – effective team player, lifelong learner, most efficient mover and champion mentality. Applicants should hold a UEFA A (Goalkeeping) coaching award/equivalent industry experience, in addition to general requirements listed below in the person specification. All applicants should also have a proven background of mentoring and developing others, as well as significant experience working across all age groups and in particular within the Professional Development Phase.
The Academy Goalkeeping Coach position will cover the full goalkeeping coaching remit specifically within the Youth Development Phase, and report into the Head of Academy Goalkeeping. They will lead on an effective coaching programme for goalkeepers in U12 to U16 age group, deliver and develop performance pathways and plans, and create an optimum environment for youth goalkeepers to develop and grow within the four key pillars – effective team player, lifelong learner, most efficient mover and champion mentality. The position also oversees U9 to U11 casual goalkeeper coaches and ensures that foundation phase sessions and games have sufficient goalkeeper coaching support. All applicants should hold at least a UEFA B (Goalkeeping) Coaching Award and have proven experience working with the target age group, in addition to general requirements listed below in the person specification.
Both roles will have a hands-on approach across the full-spectrum of coaching activities, including:
- Responsibility for the design and implementation of all goalkeeper training sessions and general training and performance programme.
- Assist the relevant phase coaches in match preparation and organisation.
- Prepare and submit for discussion with the Academy Manager all appraisals, as required for the Elite Player Performance Plan for students under the position- holders responsibility.
- Prepare and deliver all video analysis used for player and team feedback, making it also available player’s iPads to aid in development through visualisation.
- Pre-match preparation and opposition analysis to provide the goalkeepers with video and statistical data on upcoming opponents, including detailed penalty analysis.
- Deliver classroom sessions reviewing training and match situations to further aid goalkeeper development.
- Continually provide new and innovative ideas to incorporate into training sessions which challenge and captivate the goalkeepers, pushing them to excel and improve.
- Assist the Head of Talent ID with objective and subjective analysis to identify future goalkeeping talent for recruitment purposes.
- Have key involvement in the development of StatDNA goalkeeper analytics in conjunction with Analytic Department.
- Manage all aspects of the coaching programme for relevant age group(s).
- Provide a reporting platform to give constructive feedback at the end of each term for players and to work with the coaching team to implement.
- Actively seek out ways to improve the coaching programme and assist with the implementation and operation of these ideas.
- An active member of the youth squad selection team, analysing the skills and capabilities of individual players.
- Identify and define short, medium and long-term goals for the youth goalkeeper squad coaching programme.
- Work with Arsenal football club to implement a programme of continuous professional development for the Academy team.
- Responsible for the development and optimisation of goalkeeper so that they reach their full potential.
- Minimum FA Level 3/UEFA B (Goalkeeping) coaching award; UEFA A (Goalkeeping) coaching award or working towards, is highly desirable
- A sport related degree or equivalent work experience
- Qualified FA Coach Education Tutor
- Up to date FALCC membership
- Advanced youth award/youth modules (desirable)
- Proven previous experience of coaching at academy /high level goalkeeper and/or talented young goalkeepers
- Experience of co-ordinating and delivering sport services
- Experience of implementation, management and monitoring of development plans
- Previous experience as an Academy Goalkeeper Coach with relevant age groups
- An up to date understanding of modern coaching methods and strategies
- Proven goalkeeper coaching ability
- Able to work with the Academy Manager to integrate goalkeeper coaching programmes into the Academy development plan
- Proven ability to lead, manage and develop a team of coaches with varying levels of experience
- Acts as a role model at all times, embodying the Academy’s values of discipline, humility and respect, and wider Club values
- Leadership and management skills
- Ability to identify and define short, medium and long-term goals for the youth squad coaching programme
- Set realistic goals for youth squad and support team
- Ability to co-ordinate and drive the delivery of support services (sports science, sports medicine and strength and conditioning) to a youth squad
- Detailed knowledge of current coaching and training processes
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and motivation skills
- Knowledge of Football Association, FA, PL, EPPP and Club landscape
- Competent IT skills necessary for analysis, active PMA user, report writing, presentations and general communication
- Understanding of Health and Safety and its application to a sporting environment
- Ability to work collaboratively with a multi-disciplinary team
- The successful applicant will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check