Τίτλος Θέσης Εργασίας:
Harrogate Town AFC is offering an exciting opportunity for a graduate physiotherapist to work within the Academy department. The primary function of the post is to manage the Academy medical department including injury protocols, EAPs and medical equipment, and to provide pitch side first aid, injury assessment, treatment and rehabilitation for the whole Academy programme as the club enters the Cat4 EPPP pathway.
*As this role supports our EPPP recognition, the candidate must be a Chartered Physiotherapist, therefore if you do not meet this specification then please do not apply for this post
** the club can put you through this qualification if required
Key duties and responsibilities:
• To assist the club in setting up the Academy and entering into the Cat4 EPPP pathway
• To lead and develop the Academy and support in line with the Club’s strategic objectives and the Elite Player Performance Pathway (EPPP).
• Manage the day to day running of the medical department within the Academy
• Manage the medical requirements of the EPPP including medical and wellbeing screening
• Carry out duties in accordance with all relevant company policies, including but not exclusive to, the Health and Safety at Work Act, Code of Conduct, Diversity & Equality Policy, Equal Opportunities Policy, Financial Regulations Policy and Social Media Policy
• Attendance at all Academy training sessions and matches
• Determine and implement evidence-based injury prevention strategies across all age groups
• Design and deliver evidence-based treatment and rehabilitation programmes for all injured
• Keep accurate, secure and up to date records of injuries and to oversee the injury report, injury audit and medical section of the performance management system.
• To complete medical screening of each player in the academy
• To meet all EPPP guidelines including the recording of all injuries suffered and rehabilitation undertaken by Academy players, and to be responsible for meeting criteria relating to the National Audit of Injury and Rehabilitation.
• Ensure the academy medical department is working in line with EPPP guidelines and provide evidence for this during the auditing process.
• Effectively communicate with the coaching staff regarding players injuries and fitness status
• Work with the sports scientist on the planning and implementation of player screenings and interventions
• Work within the HTPHysiotherapy clinic offering private physiotherapy to members of the public
• Attend when required by senior management, appropriate meetings regarding key issues within the academy including Academy Management and Academy Multi-Discipline meetings
• Regularly communicate with the head physiotherapist and appropriate academy staff when required.
• Report to Club Doctor when required.
• Ensure the requirements of best practice, safeguarding and effective medical procedures are in place.
• Report to Safeguarding Officer when required.
• Continuously look to identify opportunities to improve operations.
• Any other duties as required by the football club within the reasonable demands of the role.
• Act always with utmost good faith to the Club and the Company.
• Devote full attention and ability to fulfilment of the duties required by the role.
• Other duties as reasonably requested by a member of the senior management staff.
• To work closely with partnership organisations, to maintain good relationships and collaborative working practices.
• To work with colleagues throughout Harrogate Town AFC to extend knowledge and skills in order to identify and develop best practice.
• Deal with enquiries and general day-to-day liaison with customers, colleagues and partners.
• Carry out general office duties including data recording, filing, photocopying, sending and receiving emails.
• Active participation on continuing professional development and the appraisal process
• To undertake such other duties, training and/or hours of work as may be reasonably required, and which are consistent with the general level of responsibility of this job.
• To maintain the quality-of-service provision, regularly evaluating work and seeking to make improvements.
• Present a professional image when dealing with both internal and external contacts and partners, acting in a professional manner always.
• To cover as and when required at other departments within Harrogate Town AFC
• To safeguard and promote the welfare of all children, young people and adults at risk.
• To be vigilant and support all safety and security operations.
• Promote the brand identity and increase Harrogate Town fanbase throughout
Association with the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy
Member of the HCPC
Recent and relevant professional experience in a sporting environment
EFAIF FA first aid (level 2)
Full UK driving licence
Enhanced DBS check (will be conducted by the club)
Ability to work as part of a team as well as using one’s own initiative, excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate on a variety of levels
Strong IT skills and a diligent and dedicated approach to recording all medical data
Able to adapt to the flexible demands of the job and needs to the players and other staff
Dedicated to self-improvement and continuous professional development
Committed to working to and promoting the philosophy of the football club and to promoting and displaying standards of excellence
Good attendance record in current/ previous employment (not including any absences resulting from disability)
ITMMiF/ ATMMiF First Aid**
Previous football academy experience
2 years post graduate experience
Previous experience working with young athletes, ideally in an elite environment covering age ranges 9-16
Certificate in sports massage
Certificate in sports taping/ strapping
Experience of the EPPP framework
Knowledge of the rules and regulations of the FA and EFL