Τίτλος Θέσης Εργασίας:
Assistant Boys Basketball Coach
The Assistant Basketball Coach assists with all coaching related activities, developing and sustaining a successful program with a strong emphasis in skill development, sportsmanship, teamwork, developing character with a degree of discipline.
The Assistant Basketball Coach will play an integral part in developing the IPS feeder system. They will develop players coming into their programs from elementary schools with varying skill levels and prepare them to potentially play at the high school level.
It is imperative that the successful candidate demonstrates a proven aptitude for coaching, illustrated by a strong work ethic, organizational skills and the ability to help produce results. The Assistant coach will report to the Head Coach, Athletic Coordinator, and performance will be evaluated by the Athletic Coordinator and Principal.
The boys' basketball season will begin in the month of October or November and conclude in the month of December or January. The girls' basketball season will begin in the month of January and will conclude in the month of March.
- Assist with planning, organizing, promoting, and conducting tryouts for the sport.
- May be required to work with the Head Coach and Athletic Coordinator to schedule contests.
- Helps coach during each game.
- Helps develop appropriate training programs and practice schedules.
- Helps study the skills and abilities of each student-athlete on the team and puts them in position to be successful and contributes to the team success.
- Creates a safe environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social and emotional development of student-athletes.
- Travels with student-athletes and team personnel on the team bus both to and from games.
- Maintains necessary records and completes required paperwork in a specified time and manner.
- Helps enforce discipline policies and emphasizes sportsmanship and healthy lifestyles.
- Helps supervise student-athletes in locker rooms at home and away games and ensure appropriate behavior.
- Helps ensure the rules and regulations of conduct and eligibility of student-athletes are effectively communicated and followed throughout the year.
- Professionally represents the school and the district in interactions with students, parents, crowd, staff, officials, competition, and others.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but should be expected to increase in certain circumstances.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully preform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly to talk or listen. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee may need to lift and/or move up to 15 pounds and occasionally lift and /or move athletic equipment weighing up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The employee must have the ability to demonstrate the proper techniques and skills needed for athletic participation.
- Sufficient knowledge of the sport of basketball.
- Ability to motivate, teach and recruit qualified student-athletes.
- The ability to handle stressful situations and keep tempers in check.
- Exhibits high standards of professional ethics and conduct.