Τίτλος Θέσης Εργασίας:
ASSISTANT WOMEN'S BASKETBALL COACH
Lane College, NCAA Division II, located in Jackson, Tennessee invites applicants for the position of Assistant Women’s Basketball Coach. This is a full-time position reporting to the Head Women’s Basketball Coach and Director of Athletics. Lane College is a member of the Southern Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (SIAC).
- Conducts all aspects of the program within the rules, regulations, and procedures encompassed in the NCAA, the athletic conference, College, and athletic department policies and procedures manual, with an understanding that failure to do so may lead to sanctions up to and including termination.
- Utilization and understanding of the NCAA Division II intercollegiate athletic programs.
- Responsible for assisting the head coach with organizing the program. Assists with conducting practices, motivating students, and instructing student athletes in game strategies and techniques.
- Assists the head coach with instructing players in the rules, regulations, equipment, and techniques of the sport.
- Organizes and directs individual and small group practice activities/exercises as directed by the head coach.
- Assesses player’s skills, monitors players during competition and practice, and keeps the head coach informed of the athletic performance of students.
- Assists with determining game strategy.
- Assists the head coach with supervising athletes during practices and competition.
- Follows established procedures in the event of an athlete’s injury.
- Models sports-like behavior and maintains appropriate conduct towards players, officials, and spectators.
- Maintains the equipment room in orderly condition and assumes responsibility for its security.
- Distributes equipment, supplies, and uniforms to students as directed by the head coach.
- Assists the head coach with submitting a list of award winners at the end of the season.
- Performs support tasks such as distributing and maintaining eligibility forms, emergency data cards, and other related records.
- Models nondiscriminatory practice.
- Recruiting and retaining student-athletes.
- Performing other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities Required):
- Bachelor's Degree is required (Master's Degree preferred).
- Minimum of 1 year coaching experience required, preferably on the NCAA collegiate level.
- Must have the ability to walk, stand, or sit for long periods of time and be able to lift a minimum of 20lbs.
- Overnight travel at a minimum of 50% of the time.