Τίτλος Θέσης Εργασίας:
Assistant Coach, Men's Basketball
- Maintains complete knowledge and compliance of rules and regulations governing intercollegiate athletics while working within the department’s rules, regulations and policies.
- Participates in the effective recruiting, instruction and coaching of student-athletes, emphasizing fundamentals, conditioning, game preparation and strategy.
- Maintains an environment that emphasizes academics as a priority, making every effort to ensure that all student-athletes meet academic requirements, while working to integrate sports into the academic life of the University.
- Assists in the preparation of an annual written plan and goals for the program and the annual assessment of performance in relation to the plan and goals.
- Maintains discipline in the program, promotes fairness, understanding and protectiveness of student-athletes while motivating them.
- Maintains an environment of cooperation and continuous improvement, maintaining positive communications supporting the athletic program, the University and University staff.
- Participates in marketing and promotional activities with media, alumni and civic groups consistent with the objectives of the athletic program.
- Assists with recruiting evaluations, official visits and any travel-related activities of prospective student-athletes.
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
- Associate ’s degree and one to two years’ experience in coaching the specific sport you are applying for , or equivalent combination of experience, education and training.
- Advanced knowledge of NCAA and Conference Rules and Regulations as they pertain to student-athletes.
- Strong knowledge of effective coaching practices.
- Strong recruiting skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated management skills and knowledge of supervision and management practices.
- Positive attitude, proven ability to work successfully with diverse populations and demonstrated commitment to promote and enhance diversity and inclusion.
- Work is performed in a standard office environment during standard business hours, as well as during non-regular office hours to fulfill business needs.
- Extensive travel required for competition and recruiting.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, or be eligible to obtain.
The finalist will be required to successfully pass a background check.