Τίτλος Θέσης Εργασίας:
Asst Coach, Women's Basketball
Discover Your Career at Emory University:
Emory University is a leading research university that fosters excellence and attracts world-class talent to innovate today and prepare leaders for the future. We welcome candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community.
General Statement of Duties
The Assistant Coach performs coaching responsibilities as assigned by the Head Coach.
This position is responsible for maintaining the integrity and reputation of Emory University and the Athletics and Recreation program, and positively impacts the relationship between the University and its students, faculty, staff, alumni and community.
Overall supervision received by the Head Coach.
Primary Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Assists head coach in all facets of the program
- Abides by all NCAA, institutional and conference rules and regulations
- Provide leadership, organization and supervision for practices and contests
- Maintain a standard of performance consistent with Emory University and Department of Athletics and Recreation mission of academic and athletic excellence
- Assist in organizing home contests and away travel arrangements
- Ability to recruit highly competitive student-athletes that meet the stringent academic requirements of Emory University
- Communicate with Sports Medicine, Sports Information, Strength and Conditioning and Administrative staff
- Attend departmental and other meetings as necessary
- Proficiency to perform various office duties such as managing database of recruits, maintaining contacts and records
- Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred. Previous playing and/or coaching experience. Strong ability to work effectively with students, staff, faculty, alumni and community members.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Strong verbal, written and public relation communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple duties
- Strong work ethic, positive attitude and professionalism at all times
- Current certification in CPR/First Aid/AED
- Ability to work with diverse populations