Τίτλος Θέσης Εργασίας:
Women's Basketball Assistant Coach
Community Colleges of Spokane (CCS) is seeking an Assistant Women's Basketball Coach for the 2021 season. This position assists in the management, development and maintenance of a competitive Women's Basketball program within the guidelines of the Northwest Athletic Conference (NWAC) and CCS, including during the pre-season and out-of-season.
- Coach/teach all skills related to basketball. Help plan day-to-day workouts including techniques related to the specific position skill development and game situations.
- Assists with identifying and recruiting academically and athletically talented student-athletes within the rules and regulations of CCS and the NWAC.
- Comply with NWCA/NCAA rules, follow regulations and support the NWAC and CCS philosophy and mission.
- Follow all state, CCS and CCS Foundation purchasing and travel procedures
- Promote a diverse college environment and enhance CCS's visibility in the local community
- Promote the program positively on the court, around campus and in the community.
- Drive a state vehicle (12 and 7 passenger van) to and from away contests.
- Support and advance the CCS strategic plan, and perform other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Coaching and playing experience and the ability to teach specific skills.
- Strong organizational, management and communication skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to advise, mentor and guide student athletes.
- Availability to attend all practices and games (home and away) including during the evenings and weekends.
- Current First Aid/CPR certification (or will obtain within 30 days of hiring).
- Acceptance of the responsibility to promote the welfare and best interests of students at all times.
- A demonstrable understanding and acceptance of the mission, values, goals and objectives of CCS.
- The ability to perform assigned duties in a manner consistent with applicable laws, regulations and goals of the institution, community and technical college system.
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering and supporting a teaching, learning and working environment that honors diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Associates or higher degree from an accredited institution.
- Assistant coach experience at the college level.
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to NWAC intercollegiate basketball rules and regulations.