Τίτλος Θέσης Εργασίας:
Middle School Boys Basketball Coach (2021-2022)
To plan organize, coordinate and supervise the program in such a way as to produce a team that will be competitive in their classification and conference.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES.
- Assists the athletic director in selection and evaluation of assistant coaches and makes recommendations to the athletic director for assistant coaches.
- Assumes responsibility for checking all practice areas each day and removes hazardous objects from the practice area.
- Develops a positive public relations program in the school and the community.
- Makes recommendations to the athletic director for purchasing football equipment.
- Provides supervision in the locker rooms before and after practice..
- Provides the latest and up-to-date medical procedures for the treatment of athletic injuries.
- The coach will at all times conduct himself in a manner that will set a good example for students to follow on and off the field.
- Assumes responsibility with the athletic director for eligibility of participants and insurance coverage of team members.
- Develops his own schedule with the approval of the athletic director.
- Assumes responsibility for knowing the latest football rules, South Carolina High School League rules and regulations and School District policies regarding interscholastic sports.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
- JOB SPECIFICATIONS :
- SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:All coaches in the school’s program and supervises students of particular program.Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the district's policies and applicable laws.
- WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works inside. The employee must be able to meet deadlines with severe time constraints. The employee is frequently will work irregular or extended work hours while performing the duties of this job. The employee is directly responsible for safety, well-being and work output of students and coaches.
The noise level in the work environment varies from quiet to loud.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty in a pleasant, professional, efficient manner. Must be reliable, responsible and dependable and fulfill obligations. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
To be decided by Executive Director and/or Building Principal.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Valid South Carolina Teaching Certificate, if applicable.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before administrators, staff, parents and students.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to interpret and apply common sense understanding in carrying out instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form. Ability to analyze information and use logic to address work related issues and problems. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Ability to apply knowledge of current research and theory in specific field. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, staff and the community. Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both in oral and written form. Ability to perform duties with awareness of all district requirements and Board of Education policies.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; occasionally walk and stand; travel from building to other sites. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee is required to be able to hear conversations in quiet environments.