Τίτλος Θέσης Εργασίας:
1. Job Summary:
The Sports Coach is responsible for leading sports classes and coaching leagues to ensure that the program criteria and objectives are carried out. The incumbent is responsible for implementing curriculum, as assigned. The Sports Coach provides a safe, enjoyable experience to all program participants.
2. Essential Functions:
- Set up and lead team sports activities including all scheduled classes, practices and games.
- Lead special programs and activities as required.
- Attend all coach meetings.
- Communicate important information regarding classes, practices and games to all players.
- Adhere to YMCA policies, rules and objectives.
- Follow emergency procedures and complete accident reports as necessary.
- Maintain and assume responsibility for all sports equipment.
- Demonstrate good sportsmanship and lead by example among volunteers, team parents and participants to support the responsibilities of the officials and sports leadership.
- Work to establish and improve team unity and spirit.
This position reports to the Sports Director/Sr. Sports Coordinator who reports to the Executive Director. The incumbent interacts regularly with staff, members, volunteers and the community. This position requires regular interaction with youth, families, and seniors from a variety of diverse backgrounds.
- Perform all physical aspects of the position, including being mobile, bending, reaching, and lifting up to 50 pounds at a time.
- Ability to recognize and react calmly and effectively in hazardous/dangerous situations.
- Ability to travel locally to visit branch sites, attend meetings and training.
- May be exposed to verbal outbursts, physical actions or bodily fluids as part of the environment.
- Work environments range from quiet work areas to busy, noisy indoor and outdoor spaces with several groups talking amongst themselves concurrently.
- Must be able to actively participate in games/activities.
- Coaching experience at any level (preferably two (2) years of exp)
- Working knowledge of designated sport
- Ability to complete online concussion training within 30 days of hire.
- Must be self-directed, motivated, dependable and organized
- Ability and interest in working with people of diverse backgrounds
- Strong communication and mediation skills
- Certifications required within 30 days of hire: CPR/AED, First Aid and Oxygen