Τίτλος Θέσης Εργασίας:
Head Women's Basketball Coach
The Head Women's Basketball Coach at Colorado Christian University (CCU) is responsible for the overall administration, team and player development, and academic integrity of the women’s basketball program.
The coach will give primary attention to partnering with the CCU student-athletes in their efforts to gain a Christ-centered education and positively represent the University through a competitive National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Division II Athletic program. The Head Women's Basketball Coach must understand the dynamics of a small university setting and have the ability to manage tasks both within and outside of the coaching arena, working towards success for the Athletic Department as a whole.
Key Job Duties
- Contribute to CCU’s mission: Christ-centered higher education transforming students to impact the world with grace and truth. In this role, the Head Coach disciples staff and students alike, teaching them to worship God through athletics and encouraging them to pursue godly discipline and transformation both on and off the court.
- Demonstrate a vibrant personal relationship with Jesus Christ and the ability to share your faith in various settings.
- Implement a discipleship/mentorship program within the team for all women’s basketball student-athletes that helps lead them into a deeper personal relationship with Jesus Christ and encourages them to share that relationship with others.
- Supervise and evaluate all assistant coaches to meet the expectations established by the CCU Athletics department.
- Mentor assistant coaches to achieve excellence in coaching skills and techniques.
- Recruit athletically talented Christian student-athletes, whose faith and lifestyle align with the broader mission and vision of CCU.
- Develop and supervise practices, game planning, schedule arrangements, as well as a consistent off-season training and conditioning program.
- Support and motivate each women’s basketball student-athlete in reaching her full athletic potential and perform at the highest possible level.
- Effectively manage the program budget, fundraising, and additional administrative duties.
- Maintain high academic standards for student-athletes and focus on retaining students in the basketball program and at CCU.
- Interact with other University departments to create continuity of care for student-athletes.
- Receive and maintain cardiopulmonary resuscitation and first aid certification.
- Maintain involvement with community development, public relations, promotion of competitions, camp development, mission trips, and outreach.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
While performing the duties of this job, you may be required to walk, stand, sit, reach with hands and arms, balance, stoop, speak with clarity, and have appropriate vision and hearing capabilities. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. You will be required to work occasional irregular hours, including some nights and weekends. Colorado Christian University expects all faculty and staff to become a part of the University community by participating in activities and events that occur on the campus throughout the year, which may occur during evenings and weekends.
What we offer our employees:
We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages to all employees. Our benefit package includes: a tuition waiver program, excellent healthcare, generous paid time off, matching 403(b) retirement plan, and additional organizational paid benefits and voluntary benefit offerings. Pay and benefits will be discussed in more detail as candidates progress through the interview process.
Colorado Christian University’s pay philosophy is based on internal and external data for pay equity; along with budgetary considerations for effective stewardship. Pay will be assigned based on relevant experience at a range of $70,000 - $80,000. We reserve the right to pay an equitable rate that we believe is within our salary structure or that may fit a candidate’s qualifications or experience for the job. A wage range posted is not a guarantee of a specific wage range for a job offer. CCU reserves the right to make pay decisions based on economic and equity considerations to attract the best possible talent. CCU does not determine pay based on sex or any other protected status.
- Committed follower of Jesus Christ, who believes there is no salvation apart from faith in his atonement on the cross, by grace alone becoming "born again" thus beginning a personal relationship with Christ, the Son of God.
- Able to effectively communicate personal faith and apply biblical principles and convictions in the workplace. Must have a strong sense of calling to the ministry of Colorado Christian University.
- Regularly attend and be engaged in meaningful involvement in a Bible-believing evangelical local church. Knowledgeable about the Word of God and passionate about Christian education.
- Must be a traditional evangelical Christian whose lifestyle is in consonance with sound Christian principles, is compatible with CCU’s Statement of Faith, and is in agreement with the Strategic Priorities promulgated by the University.
- A minimum of five years of college coaching experience at an NCAA university is required. Head coaching experience and Master's degree is preferred.
- Experience in a private Christian institution is desirable.
- Strong discipleship/Christian mentorship skills and the ability to evangelize through the context of athletics.
- Ability to develop healthy departmental and player relationships that motivate and develop a “winning attitude” among players and staff.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively recruit student-athletes.
- Proven track record with a comprehensive knowledge of coaching with the ability to successfully lead a competitive program at the NCAA Division II level.
- Positive communication skills that creates collaboration both within the department and interdepartmentally.