Τίτλος Θέσης Εργασίας:
Head Men's Basketball Coach - Northwest Florida State College
The Head Men's Basketball Coach is responsible to the Athletic Director. He/She will stay up-to-date with professional trends in the teaching field and help facilitate the continual change that may be required to keep instruction current and relevant.
The individual assigned to this position assumes duties and responsibilities which require electronic accessibility for college business during non-college operating hours and/or when off campus during regular duty hours.
In compliance with approved policies and procedures the Head Coach shall be accountable for the following:
- Provide leadership to the athletic program in the development of the men's basketball team.
- Recruit and coach student-athletes to a level that ensures the men's basketball program will be consistently competitive on national level.
- Budget, schedule games, handle promotions, and manage public relations.
- Know and abide by all NWF State College, FCSAA, and NJCAA policies and procedures. Support all policies, procedures, and divisions/interpretations rendered by these agencies.
- Maintain professional demeanor and being a positive role-model for players.
- Monitor academic progress of student-athletes and work to assure the successful rate of men's basketball graduates commensurate with other NWF State College students.
- Participate in non-athletically related college functions related to student success and enhancing community relations.
- Participate in fund-raising activities as guided by the Director of Athletics.
- Play a positive role in helping the College effectively manage change.
- Speak and participate in community/civic organizations throughout the year.
- Will be responsible for ensuring that all aspects of Title IX and other regulations are complied with.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in physical education, sports and leisure studies, sports management, athletic training, or similar field required.
- Master's degree in physical education, sports and leisure studies, sport administration, kinesiology, or similar field preferred.
- Three years of college or university coaching experience (head coach or assistant); or a minimum of five years as head men's basketball coach at the senior high school level.
- Work experience within an athletic program in a higher education setting preferred.
- Demonstrated excellence in written and oral communication.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.