Τίτλος Θέσης Εργασίας:
Head Coach - Women's Basketball
he mission of the University of North Dakota Athletics Department is to support UND through intercollegiate athletics while providing our student-athletes the opportunity to compete, learn and grow. It is UND Athletics vision to create champions in the classroom, community and competition while providing a united and diverse culture. Our core values: accountability – take responsibility for your actions; integrity – respect each other and do what is right; loyalty – take pride in everything you do, commit to excellence and invest in honorable relationships. It is the expectation that a successful candidate will develop, promote, and supervise all facets of the University’s Division I women’s basketball program while abiding by the rules and regulations of the NCAA, University of North Dakota and the conference. This position provides comprehensive assistance to the Athletics Department in the area of providing comprehensive instruction to the team. This position will provide instruction to the team that includes teaching proper skills and techniques, teaching basic physical health concepts to include nutritional education, teaching team and individual leadership concepts/skills as well as providing general safety instruction. They must also provide support and encouragement and ensure the safety and well-being of the student-athletes and have a commitment to compliance with all NCAA rules and regulations.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide instruction specific to the women's basketball team that includes teaching proper skills and techniques, teaching basic physical health concepts (to include nutritional education), teaching team and individual leadership concept/skills as well as providing general safety instruction.
- Recruit and evaluate prospective student athletes
- General program administration including, but not limited to, maintaining effective professional working relationships with all internal and external constituents, provide supervision of assigned staff members, and effectively manage admissions, compliance, housing, travel, and eligibility issues
- External functions include media relations, community service, public relations, fundraising, marketing, and camps & clinics
Minimum Hiring Salary/Position Classification
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Work Schedule/Start Date
Normal work schedule. Travel expected about 25% of the time for team competitions and recruiting.
Includes single or family health care coverage (premiums paid for by the university), basic life insurance, EAP, retirement plan, tuition waiver, annual and sick leave. Optional benefits available: supplemental life, dental, vision, flexible spending account, supplemental retirement plans.
- Must have an effective professional working relationship with student-athletes, staff, administration, alumni and general public
- Excellent interpersonal communication (verbal and written) and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize
- Ability to teach and work with individuals from diverse backgrounds
- Ability to develop a competitive NCAA Division I program
- Must have commitment to NCAA compliance and follow all NCAA, conference and UND rules and regulations
- Must have commitment to academic success of student-athletes
- Must provide support and encouragement and ensure the safety and well-being of the student-athletes including having a valid driver’s license
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum five seasons of full-time collegiate coaching experience
- Experience recruiting prospective student-athletes for collegiate teams
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations
- Valid Driver's License
- Successful completion of criminal history records check
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the US and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. This position does not support visa sponsorship for continued employment.
- Masters or advanced degree
- Demonstrated recruiting experience in the Central Time Zone
- Experience with recruiting and compliance software (Front Rush, ACS, ARMS, or Jump Forward)
- Five or more years of experience at the NCAA Division I level
- Current head coach at NCAA institution
- Demonstrated success as a head or assistant coach with conference championships or a winning percentage of 60% or above
- History of no major or Level 2 NCAA violations
- North Dakota ties by having lived or born in the state, University of North Dakota ties by either having attended or through employment