Τίτλος Θέσης Εργασίας:
Head of Player Recruitment (Men’s)
The Football Association (The FA) is the governing body of football in England. We are responsible for promoting and developing the game at all levels; from grass roots through to the professional game, The FA Cup and the England International teams, and has two core assets: Wembley Stadium and St George’s Park.
To deliver against our goal we have reallocated resources and invested heavily in developing a team of exceptional people capable of creating winning England teams at our world-class training facilities at St George’s Park in Staffordshire.
This is a unique and exciting time to join The FA and the Technical Team will be integral to the organisation achieving its goals.
Lead the strategic and operational development of a comprehensive, multi-disciplinary Player Insight service for England Men’s teams. Utilising contemporary, evidence based methodologies, club engagement & relationships that identify players and enable their optimal development through a full understanding of player profiles and a systematic process for selection.
- Develop of an overall strategy and operational delivery plan for Player Insight which encompasses best practice in the use of video, data and multi-disciplinary observations and measurements both on and off England duty to create comprehensive, benchmarked player profiles appropriate to each age group
- Build and develop strong relationships with clubs to ensure a consistent exchange of key information on prospective and current players
- Lead the process of defining the core characteristics and benchmarks of Winning England players at all levels
- Creation of robust and comprehensive rating systems, depth charts and other visualisations to provide up-to-date and insightful analysis of player status and key areas of emphasis
- Oversee the definition, evolution and operational delivery of regular cross phase player reviews in order to select and benchmark current talent
- Lead the aggregation, analysis, presentation & maintenance of comprehensive player profiles for the senior professional development phase using information from all departments and external sources
- Be the key source for liaison and exchange of information for coaches on all aspects of player monitoring and provide the appropriate levels of challenge and support to ensure an excellent selection and ongoing development process
- Develop close and trusted working relationships with Men’s national coaches and support staff to ensure a cohesive multi-disciplinary approach at all times
- Create and deliver key internal projects and external research associations which support the further development of Player Insight services
- Define, contribute to and oversee the development of appropriate technology projects to support player insight
- Develop and maintain an extensive network of organisations and individuals outside football with whom to share and develop best practice
- Support the development of Talent Identification in FA Education through close working links and sharing of information with counterpart in FA Education
- Planning and management of departmental budget
- Undergraduate degree in a related field of study or equivalent experience
- Extensive successful experience in leading talent related programmes in elite sport
- Track record of successfully leading teams practitioners in elite sport
- Outstanding academic and applied knowledge contemporary practice in talent identification or related fields
- Excellent practical delivery
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Excellent relationship builder
- Outstanding strategic and operational planning skills
- Good basic IT skills in order to use online platforms and basic video analysis
- Masters or doctorate in a related field of work or equivalent experience
- Experience of leading and delivering contemporary, multi-disciplinary talent or player identification programmes in professional football
- Knowledge of professional football & the demands of the modern game
- Technical video analysis and data presentation skills