Τίτλος Θέσης Εργασίας:
Official Shot Clock Operator for Basketball
Working shot clock and/or game clock for basketball games at East Georgia State College.
- Maintaining and operating shot clock/game clock for Men’s and Women’ Basketball Games at EGSC
- Set up clock 30 minutes prior to game start time and take down of clock after games
Knowledge Required by the Position
- Have knowledge of the game of basketball with previous modern clock operation skills.
(Head Coaches) supervise and review work through observations for compliance with procedures, accuracy, and the nature of propriety of the final results. Head Coaches then report final results to Athletic Director at EGSC.
Guidelines include the employee handbook. These guidelines are generally clear and specific, but may require some interpretation in application. Guidelines include University System of Georgia, East Georgia State College, NJCAA, GCAA, and college athletic policies and procedures. These guidelines require judgment, selection, and interpretation in application.
Complexity/Scope of Work
- The work consist of managing official game clock for basketball games.
- The purpose of the position is to serve as the official game clock operator for basketball games.
- Contacts are typically with co-workers, other college personnel, students, referees, vendors, and members of the general public.
- Contacts are typically to provide services, to give or exchange information or to resolve problems.
- The work is typically performed while sitting at a desk or while intermittently sitting, standing or stooping.
- The work is typically performed during sporting events.
Supervisory and Management Responsibility
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Official Clock Operator must be 21 years of age, who are non-students at the host school/college (per rule: 2017-2018 GCAA by-laws and manual).
- Previous experience running and maintaining modern time keeping devices for scoring sporting events.
- Previous experience running and maintaining modern time keeping devices for scoring sporting events on college level.