Τίτλος Θέσης Εργασίας:
Spirit Squad Coordinator
- Coaches and instructs cheerleaders and mascots, individually or in groups, the applicable skills, rules, regulations, equipment and techniques of the sport.
- Works with cheerleaders and mascots during practices and sport events; Observes cheerleaders and mascots, during events and practice to determine the needs for individual and team improvement.
- Develops a regular practice schedule and organizes practice times to provide both individual and team development; emphasizes safety in skill development, providing proper warmup and conditioning, and ensures student safety at all times.
- Assesses skills and assigns team positions. Models nondiscriminatory practices in assignment of positions.
- Coaches the cheerleading and mascot teams at all home football, men’s basketball and women’s basketball games.
- Coaches and chaperones the cheerleading and mascot teams at away football games; develops policies for determining travel squad members. Models nondiscriminatory practices in scheduling team travel.
- Coaches and chaperones the cheer and mascot teams at postseason events (i.e. Football Bowl Game, Men’s and Women’s Basketball Tournaments).
- Participates in special events (i.e. Meet the Team Night, Kits, Cats and Kids Block party, Wildcat Welcome events, Homecoming, etc.); Develop procedures for scheduling cheerleaders and mascot performers for all events.
- Follows established procedures for securing supplies, distributing uniforms and securing meeting and practice space.
- Recruits new students to join the cheerleading and mascot teams each year. Plans, organizes and conducts tryouts for the cheer and mascot programs.
- Maintains the operating, fundraising and donation budgets for the teams; including paying bills, obtaining payments for appearances, etc. Obtains administrative budget approval annually.
- Models good sportsmanship and maintains appropriate conduct toward cheerleaders, officials and fans.
- Supervises, recruits and hires volunteer assistant coaches.
- Collaborates with the athletics’ marketing team on gameday preparation.
- Provides administrative support to the Event Management and Marketing departments in preparation for home events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a cheer coach; high school or college level preferred.
- Must possess effective coaching techniques and skills.
- Must possess thorough knowledge of the rules, regulations, strategies and techniques of USA Cheer College Cheer rules.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students and administration.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, inclusion, and equity.
- Certificate in USA Cheer Safety and Risk Management by USA Cheer before employment start date and maintained throughout appointment.
- Maintenance of CPR, AED and First Aid training required.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends and some holidays.
- Travel required for away football games and postseason events.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.