Τίτλος Θέσης Εργασίας:
Sports Official - (Basketball)
We are seeking sports enthusiasts who are looking to jump start their week of school, work or home by helping officiate Basketball at one of our facilities.
Successful individual must be knowledgeable in game rules and statistic recording. Previous officiating experience preferred but not required. Ability to oversee adult sports and manage/guide conflicts to acceptable resolution.
Basketball Official - will officiate men's and women's basketball on Sundays.
Our employees are required to reside within 10 miles of the City of Sioux City limits which extends to other states; Nebraska and South Dakota.
Must be at least 16 years of age to apply.
- Reports to field before game time;
- Sees that scorekeepers are properly equipped and that the playing field or court is in suitable condition;
- Secures and checks official line-ups;
- Sees that the individuals or teams are briefed on ground rules;
- Starts game on time;
- Umpires game in accordance with the umpire code and creed and with game and league regulations;
- Handles tactfully all disputes among teams and players;
- Encourages sportsmanlike behavior;
- Prepares written reports on any disputes which are not settled to the satisfaction of all parties concerned;
- Assists scorekeepers, ballfield maintenance, police and servicing personnel as needed.
- Responds to citizens' questions and concerns in a courteous and timely manner.
- Performs other directly related duties consistent with the role and function of the position as assigned by management.
- Regularly lifts up to 10 pounds and occasionally lifts up to 30 pounds.
- Expected to temporarily perform duties outside of normal classification in the event of a declared emergency. In the event that an employee is excused from work other than being sick, they will be required to report to work in a state of declared emergency.
Cognitive Demands, Skills and Abilities: Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with the public and players; ability to prepare adequate and accurate reports on disputes over decisions during games; skill in making prompt and equitable decisions in umpiring assigned games; Ability to speak clearly so others can understand you, ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer), ability to see details at a distance, ability to identify and understand the speech of another person, ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
Job Knowledge: Thorough knowledge of the rules, regulations, principles, techniques and equipment applicable to assigned sport; Good knowledge of the handling the public; ability to perform a wide variety of duties and responsibilities with accuracy and speed under the pressure of time-sensitive deadlines; ability to quickly learn and put to use new skills and knowledge brought about by rapidly changing information and/or technology.
Language Ability and Interpersonal Communication: Requires effective communication skills and the ability to provide assistance to customers (external and internal). Requires the ability to write and speak clearly, distinctly and effectively with fellow employees and the general public; read in English and compare similarities and differences between words and series of numbers; apply common sense understanding to the work process, procedures, programs and services; and to provide and follow verbal and written instructions.
Requires the ability to work as a member of a team in order to accomplish tasks; the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and the general public; and the ability to relate to minorities, women, and other protected classes in the community at all socioeconomic levels.
Physical Requirements: Regularly lifts up to 10 pounds and occasionally lifts up to 30 pounds. Good physical condition.
Work Environment: Work may be performed inside a typical inside office environment with appropriate heating and cooling or in outdoor field conditions, which include varying weather conditions, occupational or environmental hazards typically associated with general public contact, and varying street level noises; and touring work sites that are in various stages of development.
Minimum Required Qualifications
Considerable experience in professional athletic work, coaching, or in the umpiring of baseball, basketball, tennis or other team games, and completion of a standard high school course; or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
$15.07 - $17.57 an hour