Τίτλος Θέσης Εργασίας:
Sports Scientist/Strength & Conditioning Coach – U12-U14
|Role: Sport Science / Strength & Conditioning Coach – (Youth Development Phase U12-14’s)||Division: Academy|
Head of Sport Science and Strength & Conditioning Department:
Sport Science (Academy) Purpose:
To deliver, manage & develop sport science and strength and conditioning strategies at the U12-U14s age groups of the Youth Development Phase of the Academy.
Accountabilities with Key Outcomes:
The YDP Sport Scientist/Strength & Conditioning Coach will be responsible for the physical development of academy footballers within the U12 to U14s age groups of the Youth Development Phase in accordance with the physical philosophy of the Academy.
Plan, deliver and evaluate physical development sessions for the U12-14s age group (YDP) designed to enhance the athletic football abilities of the young players.
Assist with the monitoring and assessment of young player’s physical development. This will include the management of data collection, analysis, reporting and providing effective feedback to coaches, parents and players.
Work with an interdisciplinary approach, maintaining strong professional relationships with performance, medical, coaching and operational staff.
Assist with the the practical implementation of appropriate nutrition and hydration strategies for young players.
Uphold continual professional development, leading and contributing to age and sport specific research.
Contribute to the development of scientifically underpinned protocols for all aspects of sport science / strength and conditioning.
Work closely with coaches to ensure the physical development requirements are optimized through the football curriculum.
- Delivery of sports science support within elite team sports environment (Football desirable)
- Prior responsibility of physical development and coaching experience with youth athletes.
- Post Graduate Qualification in Sports Science / Strength & Conditioning / Equivalent
- UK Strength & Conditioning Association (UKSCA) Accredited Coach.
- Current FA Safeguarding Certification
- Current Emergency First Aid Certification
- Significant experience of employing underpinning research to monitor/track, evaluate and develop athletic performance.
- British Association of Sport and Exercise Sciences (BASES) Accredited (or currently engaged in the accreditation process)