Τίτλος Θέσης Εργασίας:
Under 18 Assistant Coach
• Auto-enrolment into the Club’s pension scheme (depending on eligibility)
• Club discounts and offers
• 20 days annual leave entitlement per annum
Hours of Work: 38 hours per week on a flexible basis to
include evening and weekend working
Reporting to: Academy Manager
Academy Head of Coaching
To support and deliver on the football and wholistic development of the players within the Academy.
To be responsible for the planning and implementing of individual learning plans of players within the U18 age groups. To liaise directly with U16s coaches to progress individual players through the pathway.
• To follow and implement the Academy playing and coaching philosophy whilst contributing to its evolution.
• To ensure a thorough working knowledge of the content and functions of the Academy performance plan.
• To work as part of a multidisciplinary support team involving, but not restricted to, head of player development, performance analysts, sports scientists, physiotherapists, psychologists, operational and administrative staff.
• To develop IDP for the players within the U18s age group and execute, monitor and review the delivery of such programs.
• To ensure player welfare is always the primary consideration in all player activities.
• To attend all staff meetings (unless exceptional circumstances apply).
• To maintain a current and up to date status with all work and communication involving the performance management application (including coaching sessions, game details and all aspects of the individual learning plans (ILP’s).
• To take an active role in the induction process for trialists, providing a positive reflection of the Academy philosophy to all parties involved (e.g. player, parents)
• To respond to all enquires within Cardiff City Football Club and EFL/PL Charter guidelines.
• To adhere to a strict code of confidentiality in respect of any information relating to Cardiff City Football Club and its operation
• To be presentable at all times when working and demonstrate that you can represent the face of the club in the manner expected
• To maintain Cardiff City Football Club’s Safeguarding (Child
Protection), Health, Safety and Equal Opportunity procedures and practice
• To act in a manner that supports the Club’s Vision and Values at all times
• Any other task deemed relevant and appropriate by the Academy Manager.
-UEFA A Licence
-FA Youth Award (modules 1, 2 and 3)
– FA Advanced Youth Award (or working towards).
-Emergency Aid, Valid DBS Certificate, Valid Safeguarding certificate
Post- holder will be subject to a DBS check at the appropriate level and cleared by Cardiff City Football Club
-UEFA Pro Licence
-Experience working with players of varying backgrounds and cultures
-Experience working with young players working within an Academy environment – in particular within the PDP age groups.
-Experience working as part of a multidisciplinary team -Experience working within a Category 1 Academy environment
-High level of professional playing experience at club and/or international level
-Experience working at senior/1st team professional level
-Experience working with relevant age phase staff
-Organised in planning, preparation and execution of a coaching syllabus
-Demonstrable competency in effective reviewing of coaching sessions and fixtures
– Ability to deliver information to players and staff through a variety of means on and off the field
– Ability to work across multiple functions of Player Management Application (PMA)
– Functional IT skills in relevant software (Microsoft Office, PMA, Y-Scout, SportsCode) Skills
-Adaptability to be effective in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
-Strong communication skills in a variety of settings
-Ability to work as part of a broader multidisciplinary team
– Open-minded approach to adopting best-practice and current research-backed principles
-Self-awareness and reflective skills as part of a professional development process
-Passionate and hard working
-Proactive ‘can-do’ approach to work and those around them
-Self-motivated within a team and capable of motivating those around them